Rediretion problem if Custom URL fields are empty

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #513 by AlainR
Hello.
I tested your awesome plugin and discovered that the redirect does not work. After several tests, I notice that the two custom URL fields should not be empty.
I hope this will help. Many thanks again and best regards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #514 by Gregorio
Hello,
please, try to create a menu item for users login, then try to assign it no redirects (default) after login and logout; then try again the plugin redirect.

You can try also to check if the native Joomla redirect after login, in the menu item you created (as described above) works. I mean by logging in manually, not by plugin.

Meanwhile, once I have some time to make some test, I will try to see how the plugin behaves and how to fix this problem.

Thanks,
kind regards.
Gregorio

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #515 by AlainR
Hello.
Thank you for your answer.

I confirm that the native Joomla redirect after login is working well. I also note that as soon as your plugin is activated, it takes over over the native functioning of Joomla but only if the fields - even unused! - Custom URL contains something. If they are empty, the redirect does not work (I am redirected to the homepage and not at all to the links defined both in the menu link and in your plugin).

Also, I notice that URLs redirected by your plugin are not SEF.

Thank you again for your answer.
Best regards,
AlainR

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #516 by Gregorio
Ok thanks,
I write this task in our todo list, we will check it as soon as possible. If we will find a solution, a new public version of the plugin will be published.

Kind regards,
Gregorio

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #517 by Gregorio
Hello. Please, have a look to the new version of Digi Get Login: www.digigreg.com/en/products/joomla-plugins/digi-get-login.html

This new version 1.0.1 is Joomla 3.9+ and Joomla 4 compatible.

It introduces a name change of the plugin, so it should be installed manually (Joomla Update System will not work for this update). Then, the old version of the plugin, should be uninstalled manually. I apologize for the inconvenience.

I wish you can now redirect users after login, to menu items or to custom URLs.

Kind regards,
Gregorio

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #518 by AlainR
Woah, fine !
You're right : I see plugin update in Joomla extensions updates but I cannot update, I had to install new one and uninstall old one.

Very nice these new options!
For non-SEF URLs maybe you could be inspired by this plugin: joomla-extensions.kubik-rubik.de/nsts-non-sef-to-sef