Login failing

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #522 by mskribot
Login failing was created by mskribot
Hi Greg,

I am trying to run Digi-Get-Login in a hosted LAMP-environment (PHP 7.2, Joomla 4.1.0). After installing and activating the plugin I try to reach my site with the URL-format you specified in a Chrome-browser (pretty usual cookie settings). Then my website tells me something like "Username and password wrong or user not yet registered." In the admin-backend, however, I can see the failed login attempts with the correct username. I double checked the password in the URL, which is correct and also works smoothly when logging in manually.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,
Mischa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #523 by Gregorio
Replied by Gregorio on topic Login failing
Hello Mischa,
May I ask you if you have tried the plugin in a real environment? (Not LAMP).
I just used MAMP on Mac to test Digi Get Login 1.0.2 with PHP 7.2, it worked perfectly.
I can suggest to set, into the plugin settings, the login redirect to a login menu item, it may help to avoid after-login errors.

Let us know,
Greg

Attachments:

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #524 by mskribot
Replied by mskribot on topic Login failing
Hi Greg,

first of all thanks for your reply! I am not sure what you consider a "real environment". The site where I am testing Digi-Get-Login IS a live website run on a public webserver (Linux Server on a Dell-machine, Apache 2 web server, MySQL-DB-Server, PHP 7.2). All other parts beside Digi-Get-Login of this Joomla-based-website are running without any flaw. 

I tried to change the redirect settings in your plugin to the login-menu-item, as you recommend, however to no avail. To me it seems as if Digi-Get-Login is working in terms of trying to login the user, but passes the wrong (or somehow changed) credential values. Can it be that Digi-Get-Login is only working with certain password formats (i.e. not working with special characters like "§$%&)?

I tried with different user credentials and no combination of username + password is working with Digi-Get-Login, while the exact same combinations result in a completely smooth manual login process. The fact that I am using SSL on this website cannot be the problem, right?

Best,
Mischa

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #525 by Gregorio
Hi Mischa,
the SSL should't be a problem.

Can I ask you to try the plugin with a simple username and password combination (such as admin demo)? It may be the cause of the issue. Just because, as the plugin works by GET calls setting the data in the URL, I guess the browser replaces special characters and if so, the password does not match with the correct one.

Kind regards,
Greg

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #526 by Gregorio
Hi again. After some analysis, I have found the problem into the plugin code. I'm currently working on a solution to fix it, please be patient :) I will publish a new release as soon as possible and you will be able to update it through Joomla Update System.

Thanks,
Greg

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #527 by Gregorio
Hi Mischa,
you may want to try to update your plugin to Digi Get Login 1.0.3.

In this new version you should be able to use special characters in password.

Meanwhile, I've published also another feature I was working on, the option to use base64 encoded password.

You can update or download the plugin from: www.digigreg.com/en/products/joomla-plugins/digi-get-login.html

If you want to encript your passwords in base64, you can use this free service: www.base64encode.org/

Please, let me know if it works.
Kind regards,
Greg