Spelling mistake in Admin

More
3 years 11 months ago #187 by toomanylogins
Please note you have a spelling mistake in the admin install message see below "Passowrd"

Login to Joomla! using an URL with Username and Passowrd.
This plugin allows you to login to Joomla! by a php GET request, so by an URL that contains Username and Password.
Login by GET is useful to make APIs or to let users login in a web service, a web app or a smartphone app.

Are there any security implications with this plugin ? I used to use another plugin but this was discontinued after joomla 3 . Would be nice to limit the number of times or date the link could be used,

Thanks
Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #188 by Gregorio
Replied by Gregorio on topic Spelling mistake in Admin
Hello,
thanks for mistake reporting, I will correct it in the next release of the plugin.

This plugin, uses the original Joomla user API, so, to answer to your question about safety, I can say only that in the GET call, username and password are not hidden, they are visible in the URL.
I don't see any other security implication.

About "limit the number of times or date the link could be used", everything is possible, but it's not a 10 minutes customization. It needs a dedicated table on Joomla database to "remember" how many times an user has logged in.
Honestly I don't invest much time in this plugin because not a lot of people need it. Probably just some developers, to create a bridge with another website or an app.

Hope you can enjoy this plugin.

Kind regards,
Greg

More
3 years 11 months ago #189 by toomanylogins
Thanks Greg, You are correct we do use this as a bridge to our app and also to simplify first time login for end users. I will enable on our live site. Happy to pay for further customisation if we need it. Would you be able to do that ?
Paul

More
3 years 11 months ago #190 by Gregorio
Replied by Gregorio on topic Spelling mistake in Admin
Hello,
Of course I'm available for hire to customize our extensions (and third parties extensions too).
Just I did not enhace this plugin a lot because, as I've written, there are not a lot of downloads, as instead for example, for our module Digi Shoecase.

Let me know if you will need some customization, surely we will find a solution.

Kind regards,
Greg