Forum

normal I can't fully use Digi Showcase with friendly URLs

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #415 by designbyedu
Hello, first I would like to thank you for the Digi Showcase, really only with this extension I could solve several needs and I intend to offer it to my customers as well. However, I am having some problems getting to work with Friendly URLs. My sites already work with friendly URLs, but after I installed this extension I have been having problems with the links it generates through the modules. For 3 days I have been trying to solve it in every way, but I have not found a solution, so I turn to you. To make it easier, I redid everything with a new test to understand what is happening. I made a website with Friendly URLs, then installed the Digi Showcase extension, and initially included a module on the "Standard" type homepage to display a Menu of a category with only square blocks and it worked well, including the Friendly URLs. However, when adding another module to the header, this time like "carroussel", the links immediately change and are no longer friendly. The entire site works with URLs, but part of what comes from the modules of the new extension displays unfriendly links. I have already changed the link settings of the module several times, I have refitted the modules using other options, but nothing solves and as I said, I have been trying to solve this for 3 days, but I can't, can you help me?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #418 by Gregorio
Hello designbyedu,

so if I understand well, if you publish only one module (Digi Showcase) into a page, it works properly, if you publish two modules into the same page, friendly URLs disappear, right?

I mean, have you tried to publish only the carousel one without the standard one? It works?
Have both the module the same links settings (friendly URLs and so on)?
Have you installed some SEO extensions such as sf404SEF, RSSEO or something similar?

Can you publish here the link of your website's frontend?

Kind regards,
Gregorio

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #419 by designbyedu
Hello Gregorio, that's right. So far I only remember seeing it work properly when used in one place. If I repeat the use on the same page (always using different names for the modules), one of them works with friendly links and the other does not. And when I try to change the link settings in the module itself, it even creates links that don't exist with wrong category structures. From what I understand, a module on the same page is interfering with another, even if the modules have different names. The same problem occurs with links having the same settings and also when they are different, what changes is that one of them is friendly, but with the wrong categories. When the link is not friendly, it works, but with unfriendly urls. I don't use any other extension, I try to use it only when necessary. Only the carousel works, whether friendly or not. I can show you the front end, no problem, but not publicly because there is copyright material not registered yet. Can I send you the private link for you to view? And how can I do that?

More
2 months 1 week ago #420 by Gregorio
Hello,
I have just checked again the module, it seems to work properly. As well as, you can verify that in our demo page demo.digigreg.com/misc/digi-showcase.html there are multiple istances of the module and each of them works with friendly URLs on.

As you probably saw, there are many options to configure items links. This because the module should match the current website link structure (categories and so on). Have you set everything as your website requires?

- Have you tried to create another module istance (the third one) with different settings on the same page?
- Have you tried to force the menu ID for each module in link configuration?
- You can try to make a new page in your website, create two Digi Showcase modules, publish them into that new page with all the default settings for links, choose a Joomla category as data source and then see the result.

When you will have tried all what is described above and the links are still wrong, so open a ticket here www.digigreg.com/en/contacts/open-ticket.html under TECH and send me the link. I'll take a look (if I could understand something just from the frontend).

Kind regards,
Gregorio

Subscribe to our newsletter

• Language:
  • Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

This site uses cookies to improve navigation and services offered to the visitor. Cookies and their use, managed according to GDPR regulation, are automatically accepted if you choose to continue browsing this website.