Usage of html in Custom CSV

More
4 months 1 week ago #479 by redgar
Is it possible to use html in the custom CSV field for "Custom from CSV" source in the showcase? Specifically I'd like to include some html styling in the description field. I've tried but it is stripping out the html. If not could this be incorporated? Perhaps even a subset of html (bold, underline, line breaks)?

Other than that this is a nice module!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 1 week ago #480 by redgar
Replied by redgar on topic Usage of html in Custom CSV
I do note that I already have the option "Strip html text" on the "item Options" -> Text set to No. This seems to not affect the stripping of the html from that field when I press "Save".

More
4 months 1 week ago #481 by redgar
Replied by redgar on topic Usage of html in Custom CSV
I just hacked the database to add html into the description field! I changed the params field in the module table for this module. It worked! Of course if I then edit the module correctly though they will get stripped out again.

More
4 months 5 days ago #482 by Gregorio
Hello,
the option "Strip html text" affects only the text of Joomla content or other content (such as VirtueMart products) which can contain HTML code.
Custom CSV field is designed to not contain HTML code, to avoid possible problems into the frontend page where the module is rendered.
Of course your solution works but, as you said, you will lose the modifications on the next module update. I will add this feature in our todo list for Digi Showcase; maybe we will develop a switch to let include HTML code in the CSV area.

Keep in mind that you can override the helper file of the module (description available here www.digigreg.com/en/wiki/digi-showcase/d...owcase-override.html). In this case, you can override the module core functions, without losing them with next module updates.

Thank you for posting your solution on the forum.

Kind regards,
Gregorio