Improved Registration not working with Joomla 3.9.24

More
1 year 6 months ago #451 by Michael
The component has been working reliably for a couple of years but after updating Joomla to 3.9.24 Improved Registration has stopped working. I am happy to provide a Superuser account if you require it. Any assistance would be appreciated.
Many thanks,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #452 by Gregorio
Hello Michael,
please, be more specific.
What do you mean by "has stopped to work"? The issue is in users registration screen, if you have set the component in white list mode?

If so, I already know about that issue. I'm working on a solution to solve the problem. I will release a new version of the component once that issue will be fixed. I can't say exactly when the new version will be ready, but I'm gonna try to finish it as soon as possible. I apologize for any inconvenience.

If you are experiencing another issue, please, describe it here, better as you can, so I can take a look and find a solution for the new component version.

Kind regards,
Gregorio
Last edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Gregorio.

More
1 year 6 months ago #459 by Michael
Hello Gregorio
My apologies for the late reply. I'm using the component in Black List mode. However, the registration now defaults to standard Joomla registration form. I thought that perhaps the order of the Improved Registration plugin had changed but that is not the problem.

I would be happy to provide you with Superuser access if I can submit the details securely.

Many thanks

More
1 year 6 months ago #460 by Gregorio
Hello Michael,
I'm sorry, we do not provide custom support over 180 days after purchase, as written in our Terms and Conditions. In this case we provide just forum support.

The plugin ordering can be a potential cause of misfunctions. So douple check that, please. Then, check if no other plugins are overriding the functionality of Improved Registration plugin.

If you like to list me here the issues you are experiencing, I will try to solve them. Describe the wrong behaviour of the component and in which scenario you are using it, so I can try to understand better.

Thanks for understanding.
Kind regards,
Gregorio

More
1 year 6 months ago #461 by Michael
Hello again Gregorio, thank you for your patience.

I've attached several screenshots which show my user plugin ordering and various settings and options. I'm only using Improved Registration to manage form fields (to hide name, repeat email and repeat password). As I say, it has worked perfectly for a long time but recently it just will not show up on the site. I've tried disabling any other plugins that may conflict with it but without effect. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but again without success. 

I look forward to hearing from you.

Attachments:

More
1 year 6 months ago #462 by Gregorio
Hello, I see you are using JomSocial.

Most likely, the default Joomla registration form, where Improved Registration can work on, has been overridden by JomSocial registration form.

In this case, Improved Registration cannot modify the form. Our component can only work on the default registration form.

I'm assuming that the fault is not imputable to Joomla update to 3.9.24 but because you have updated to a new version of JomSocial or you have changed some settings in JomSocial.

Please, check if in JomSocial settings is possible to use the default Joomla registration form. Or if there is a JomSocial plugin which manage the registration redirect to the JomSocial one, instead than the Joomla one.

Thanks you, let me know.

Kind regards,
Gregorio