Forum

normal Order of Rules

More
2 years 2 months ago #128 by peterrothe
Order of Rules was created by peterrothe
Buongiorno!

A big big Thank you for all improvments with the last update - fantastico!

now i have a little question about the rules:

when i have multiple rules, which of them will be used?

Example:
i have users from one company, but two diffrent places, who needs to see their own meeting calendar (which is seperated with joomla acess / Usergroup).
So wehn i know it befor, then i add the email adress, but i need a "backup", which provides the domain to go in a third usergroup.

Place A = Usergroup A
Place B = Usergroup B
Place Unknown = Usergroup C

When user enters his mailadress, then it looks like following:

When This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - then usergroup A (as set from a list)
Wehn This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - then usergroup B (as set from a list)
When new member, not in the list, *@company.it - then Usergroup C (was not in a list before)

---
i know, i can set the default selected Usergroup to C - but i have more than just one company/domain to handle, so this only works in small pages.

My Question now is - if I set the rule with *@company.it, what happens to the precise definied email-adresses. So - how dothe rules work?

and - a improvment request: isitmaybepossible to set rule like: If *@company.it, not in the list, then ask in formularwith bulletpoint/dropdown for usergroupe (or location, depends on translation :) )

Grazie mille!
Peter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 month ago #129 by Gregorio
Replied by Gregorio on topic Order of Rules
Buongiorno a te!
I'm sorry for answer delay, we are a little busy in this period. We are working hard to complete the new version of our Joomla template builder, Kiolezo.

Anyway, I've just released a little update for Improved Registration.

Now it should match your scenario.

Rule A: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. (published) = Usergroup A
Rule B: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. (published) = Usergroup B
Rule C: *@company.it (published) = Usergroup C
Rule D: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. (published) = Usergroup D
Rule E: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. (unpublished) = Usergroup C

Note that Rule E is unpublished, so the user will be assignet to user group defined in Rule C, as it defines the email class and not just the email address.

So just update to Improved Registration 1.0.2 and you are ready to go with new improvements described above.

About your improvement request, I'm sorry but I have not understood very well what the component should do is the email class is not in the list.

Besides, if you have time, may you can write a review on JED about Improved Registration, we would be really happy: extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extensi...proved-registration/

Thanks,
Kind regards.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: peterrothe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Subscribe to our newsletter

• Language:
  • Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

This site uses cookies to improve navigation and services offered to the visitor. Cookies and their use, managed according to GDPR regulation, are automatically accepted if you choose to continue browsing this website.