Forum

normal Lite version - how to preview/ install/ publish as template without 404

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #341 by CCANSW
Testing the lite version. Interesting, but seems very restrictive.

After Publishing and clicking Preview all we get is 404 errors, including from imported templates.

Is this by design or some other issue?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #342 by Gregorio
Hello,
I must understand if it's an issue and why. Is the layout working properly on the frontend of your website, using Kiolezo Template?

Thanks,
Greg

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #343 by CCANSW
Both "Preview" and frontend home page show 404 as per attached screen dump

Testing on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS server. The Joomla installation is bare bones, i.e. minimal.
Attachments:

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #344 by Gregorio
A really strange behaviour for the component. Seems that the component is not found, but is impossible if you are using it.

To what the HOME menu item is pointed? To the com_content?

Can I have a login data to the backend of the website? If yes, please open a ticket here: www.digigreg.com/en/contacts/open-ticket.html

Thanks,
Greg

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #345 by CCANSW
As mentioned, we are testing on a clean Joomla 3.9.13 installation on our local network's Ubuntu LTS 18.04 server. If we can't sort it out I'll set something up on our VPS web host so you have access.

Note Flexicontent and JCE Pro is installed, although I had disabled them at one stage to see if there might have been a conflict. There doesn't seem to be.

In the meantime, maybe a check that I haven't missed something either in the installation or use?

I have two layouts (see Clipboard01.jpg)

* Corporate that was present after installation
* Meet-Kiolzo that I imported when Corporate gave me 404s

The layouts are published BUT do not appear in the list of Extensions > Templates. (Clipboard02.jpg)

How are they installed into Joomla as templates? On Publish? Is there something specific I should be doing to publish a layout as a template?

Thanks
Attachments:

More
2 months 4 weeks ago - 2 months 4 weeks ago #347 by CCANSW
I posted a few minutes ago that the 404 error seems to be resolved on the front end home page after a fresh joomla and kiozela install.

However, I don't see the post. Anyway, the preview function is still throwing 404s. Is there somewhere I should be checking permissions?

Thanks
Last edit: 2 months 4 weeks ago by CCANSW.

Subscribe to our newsletter

• Language:
  • Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

This site uses cookies to improve navigation and services offered to the visitor. Cookies and their use, managed according to GDPR regulation, are automatically accepted if you choose to continue browsing this website.