Forum

normal 500 error when trying to access template

More
6 months 4 days ago - 6 months 4 days ago #351 by CCANSW
We made some progress to the point that at one stage the front end displayed the selected template.

However, once we changed to another imported template the front end went blank.

Now when trying to access the template on the administration side we get a 500 error. Tracking that down gave us

Warning
Failed loading XML file.
/var/www/html/joomla/templates/kiolezo/templateDetails.xml
xmlParseEntityRef: no name

The file "/var/www/html/joomla/templates/kiolezo/templateDetails.xml" does exist.

Essentially, we cannot access the Kiolezo template from Extensions > Templates > Kiolezo - Default and the front end displays blank.

Thanks
Last edit: 6 months 4 days ago by CCANSW.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 1 day ago #352 by Gregorio
Hello,
seems that you system has some issues to properly parse the manifest file of the template. I do't know why, and I can't check because you work in local environment.
The template manifest file is chanceda and rewritten, depending the layout you create and you use, to write into it all the module positions you made in your layout.

You can try to reinstall the template only (is available here, of course for free) or you can try to send me a dump of your manifest file (xml in zip archive) so I can try to check.

Kind regards,
Greg

More
6 months 1 day ago #353 by Gregorio
Another thing to check: please, check if in your xml file threre are some "&" characters, then let me know if and where. Thanks

Subscribe to our newsletter

• Language:
  • Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

This site uses cookies to improve navigation and services offered to the visitor. Cookies and their use, managed according to GDPR regulation, are automatically accepted if you choose to continue browsing this website.