Improve Joomla registration
Expert Joomla developer
Joomla different user group on registration
With Improved Registration you can create simple rules to manage Joomla users registrations. For example, you can block all users with an email address of a certain domain, or allow the registration only for users with preselected usernames, or also assign user to user group automatically on Joomla based on email address and username.
How to stop fake users from registering on Joomla?
Improved Registration can help you to prevent spam users registration on Joomla.
Here is what you can do:
- Create a Joomla user blacklist.
- Create a Joomla user whitelist.
- Assign new users to a different user group automatically.
- Allow or deny user registration based on email address.
- Allow or deny user registration based on user name.
Improved Registration can assign user to different user group based on the domain of their email address.
In addition, in detail view of each rule created, you can read in a simple message the effect that the rule will apply to users registration.
Remove unneeded fields verify password and confirm e-mail from Joomla Registration form
Improved registration can simplify the Joomla registration form. It can remove unneeded fields from Joomla registration form such as "repeat email" and "repeat password".
The simplicity of a registration form is very important because, if there are difficulties in compiling it, or if it is too complex, the user often navigates elsewhere.
By Improved Registration you can activate user registration by email in Joomla. Through this feature, it's possible to avoid entering name and username during the registration process on Joomla.
- Username can replace name.
- Email address can replace name.
- Email address can replace username.
- The field "repeat email" can be hidden.
- The field "repeat password" can be hidden.
With Improved Registration, users will be able to register on Joomla by filling a minimum of only two fields, email address and password.
Improved Registration has been created to work exclusively on the native Joomla registration form. This means that if you use third-party extensions to manage users registration, Improved Registration will not be able to modify the registration form, nor to apply the registration rules created.
Customizing Joomla Registration Form Fields. Functionality: Perfect solution to hide name field, repeat password and repeat email address fields from default user registration form. Ease of use: This extension is light weight and easy to configure. Also has a security feature like stop bot or fake user registration. Support: I have opened a pre sales ticket before purchasing this extension and the developer is very helpful. They also has a forum support. Documentation: By reading their documentation it is very easy to understand how this extension is working. Value for money: Light weight useful extension for an affordable price. I used this to: I am using this extension on a listing website. Ads posting website
Myway for sorting. Functionality: A tool to sort user registrations - depending on name or mailadress. It offers me a great option for my webpage. Ease of use: Shortly look at it and it is understood - first steps are very easy and even some special things just need some clicks. Support: I had some questions for additional functions / ways of work - the answer were fast and the tool got an update with new functions. Documentation:Even if it not really neeeded: Mostly everything is documented - and if there is a question, the forum and support reacts fast. Value for money: This tool saves me a lot of time, because i can work with lists. So it's value is great for this little price. I used this to: A Booking website for diffrent companys. This tool sort the Users to theire usergroup, depending on diffrent parameters.
Frequently asked questions
Can this extension make easier the registration process?
Yes, you can hide "repeat email" and "repeat password" fields, and you can let users to register by email address instead to use username.
Can this extension block users in the registration process?
Yes, you can setup a blacklist of usernames and emails to not let them to register to your website.
Is possible to assign email from a domain to a different user group?
Yes, you can create a rule to assign one email address or all email addresses from a domain to a different user group.
Can this extension restrict registrations only to email addresses from a singe domain?
Yes, you can setup a whitelist, so only usernames or email addresses in the list can register to your website.
- Added the option to replace the username placeholder with a custom string, needed when Joomla can't retrieve the correct username in the form.
- Added the option to use the full email address as username or to truncate it
- Added *@* as email wildcard to use it with whitelist setting
- Fixed an issue which sometimes caused that users were assigned to the wrong user group
- Fixed an issue which sometimes caused that rules were used also if unpublished
- Brand new function to import data from files
- Brand new function to import data from text
- Now is possible to hide email field also when name field is shown
- Brand new code snippet to generate the update site without the need to connect to our server
- Digigreg Api updated and improved
- First release